City Winery at the Napa
Valley Opera House
The Opera House is closed until April while is is being turned
into a nightclub and restaurant, City Winery. Here are its upcoming
- Bruce Cockburn, Thursday, April 10, $35-45
- Jay Farrar of Son Volt, Wednesday, April 16, $26-30
- Paris Combo, Thursday, April 17, $25-35
- Jame Vincent McMorrow, April 18
- David Pack's Napa Crossroads album release
celebration to benefit The Music Connection and Arts Council Napa
Valley, April 28
- Graham Nash, Wednesday April 29 and Thursday April
30, $75-95. Additional tickets to Soundcheck Party available
- Mike Nesmith, May 1Asleep At The Wheel, Wednesday,
May 7, $30-40
- Lydia Pense & Cold Blood, Thursday, May 8, $20-25
- Karla Bonoff, Friday, May 9, $20-30
- Jesse Cook, Tuesday May 13, $30-40
- Allen Toussaint, Friday, May 16, $25-30
- John Mayall, Friday, May 23, $40-50
- Leo Kottke, Saturday, May 24, $30-40
- Maria Muldaur, Friday, May 30, $15-25
- Dar Williams , June 5
- Tristan Prettyman, Friday June 6, $25-35
- Red Molly, Thursday, June 12, $15-20
- Hayes Carll and Bob Schneider, Saturday, June 14,
- Ginger Baker's Jazz Confusion, June 17
- Josh Rouse, June 18
- Milk Carton Kids, Monday, June 16, $15-25
- World Party, Friday, June 20, $50-70
- 10,000 Maniacs, Saturday, June 21, $40-50
- Al Stewart, July 5, $25-$35
- David Grisman, July 31
- Lewis Black, July 10, 11, 12, $55-75
- The English Beat, July 18 and 19
- Bettye Lavette, Aug. 16, $30-$40
- David Grisman Aug. 28, $35-$45
- David Grisman, Sept. 25
All City Winery at the Napa Valley Opera House events are open
to all ages and start at 8pm, unless noted. Tickets go on sale to the
public on Tuesday, Jan. 28 at noon.
Members of City Winery Napa’s VinoFile program have access to
ticket sales 48 hours before public sales, a waiver of ticket service
fees, free bus service, restaurant loyalty rewards, such as a free pair
of VIP concert tickets for every $500 spent in the restaurant,
exclusive membership-only events; and access to the proprietary City
Winery Virtual Sommelier, which helps make suggestions for wines one
might enjoy based on past consumption at the venue.
Buy concert tickets or get information on a becoming a member
at 260-1600 or www.citywinery.com.
Here’s the upcoming schedule at Uptown Theatre:
- March 8 Ani DiFranco
- March 22 Marilyn McCoo & BIlly Davis, Jr.
- March 29 Chris Botti
- April 23 Los Lonely Boys
- April 26 Gavin DeGraw
- May 3 Toad the Wet Sprocket
- May 9 Solo acoustic Keb’ Mo’
- May 24 The Fab Four
- Nov. 14 David Sedaris
Most shows are at 8 p.m.
The Uptown Theatre is at 1350 Third St. in
Napa. The box office phone is 259-0123 x 6 and website is
Performing Arts Center
at Lincoln Theater
Get information and tickets at
www.lincolntheater.org or 944-9900.
- March 28
Alfredo Rodriguez 7 p.m.
- March 29 Amy Hanaiali'i 7 p.m.
- May 25 Symphony Napa Valley - Russian Masters 3 p.m.
Napa Valley College
Get tickets at napavalleytheater.org or 256-7500.
- March 7-23 Annie Get
Your Gun by Irving Berlin
by Richard Rossi
- April 4-13 Lydia
by Octavio Solis Directed by Jennifer King
- April 27 at 3 p.m. Mozart, Requiem Napa Valley College
& Orchestra Directed by Dr. Eve-Anne Wilkes & Conducted by
- May 4 at 3 p.m. Rhythmic Fantasy North Bay Wind Ensemble
by Harry Cadelago
- May 10 at 8 p.m. Voice Recital by NVC Voice Class Students
- May 18 at 3 p.m. Symphony of Romance Napa Valley College
directed by Harry Cadelago
- May 25 at 3 p.m. Piano Recital NVC Piano Class
Students Directed by Mazdak Khamda
White Barn 2014 schedule
- March 8: David Correa and Cascada. Latin and world music,
guitars. 8 p.m. Tickets $30 to benefit Reading is Fundamental.
- April: The popular April Sunday Salons will be held at 3
p.m. with tickets to each performance at $30 to benefit Rianda House.
- April 6: Hot Frittatas, traditional Italian and French cafe
- April 27: Joe Galambos, classical guitar, flamenco, tangos,
with guest violinist Rachelle Davis.
- May 17: Orchestra Institute. Peter and the Wolf outdoor
- May 24: Celia Ramsay and Luxury Edition outdoor concert.
Doors open at 5 p.m. Guests are invited to bring picnics, and low lawn
chairs or blankets. Tickets $30 to benefit Connolly Ranch.
- Sept. 6: Tom Montgomery and Montango outdoor concert.
Tangos from Argentina, tango dancers. A benefit for Connolly Ranch.
- Oct. 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26: Broadway Musical. Friday and
Saturdays at 8 p.m. Sundays at 3 p.m. Tickets $35 to benefit the White
Barn children’s programs.
- Nov. 9: The Heath Family Saga, a one-man show with Michael
Waterson. The Heath Family lived in a Victorian home on the property.
The carriage house (the White Barn) housed their carriages and horses.
3 p.m. Tickets are $30 and benefit the St. Helena Historical Society.
For more information or tickets, see www.thewhitebarn.org or
The White Barn is at 2727 Sulphur Springs Ave. in St. Helena.
The NapaLife Insider's
Guide to Napa Valley:
by Paul Franson
The NapaLife Insider’s Guide to Napa Valley is a guide to Napa Valley
by Paul Franson, editor of NapaLife,
the Insider's Guide to Napa Valley for those who live here – or wish
opinionated, it reflects the views of author Paul Franson, who has been
writing about Napa Valley from the inside for more than 16 years.
In the NapaLife Insider's Guide to Napa
Valley, you’ll learn the stories behind the valley and its people, and
learn everything from the best views in Napa Valley to why Napa Valley
is the unique place it is.
The book is 360 pages softbound. One map. Get more
information here including the table of contents.
following locations carry copies of the NapaLife Insider's Guide to
Amelia’s Gifts at Napa River Inn
Back Room Wines
Black Stallion Winery
Grand Hand Gallery
La Residence Inn
Milliken Creek Inn
Napa General Store
Tourist Information Center
Visit Napa Valley Welcome Center
West End Napa
Wine Train Depot
- Villagio Inn at Vintage Estates
- Yountville Welcome Center
Rutherford and Oakville
Auberge du Soleil
Alpha Omega Winery
Robert Mondavi Winery
- Rutherford Grove Winery
St. Supéry Vineyard
- Domaine Charbay Winery
- Charles Krug Winery
- Spice Islands Marketplace at the
- Harvest Inn
- Meadowood Resort
- Napa Valley Olive Oil Co.
- St. Helena Visitors’ Center
- Sutter Home Winery
- V. Sattui Winery
- Calistoga Vistor Center
- Copperfield's Books
You can also order a print copy for
from Amazon's CreateSpace or Kindle
version for $9.99. Buy a pdf at www.napalife.com/insider.html.
Subscribe to NapaLife
2035 Oak St.
Napa, CA 94559
subscription ___ renewal ___
the Bottle Again updates seminal how-to book on wine
Paul Franson and
Harvey Posert have introduced Spinning
the Bottle Again: More strategies, tactics and case studies of
wine public relations, a heavily updated and revised version of
the seminal how-to book on wine public relations Spinning the Bottle.
Spinning the Bottle Again is a
collection of theory, practical information and case studies about
promoting wine, wineries and wine-related issues.
In all, almost 50
experts tell how tell how to conduct effective public relations
campaigns with examples of their programs what they accomplished.
The studies were
collected by PR experts Harvey Posert and Paul Franson, who both live
in Napa Valley. Each also contributed chapters to the mix.
Posert was the
long-time head of public relations for renowned Robert Mondavi Winery
as well as the Wine Institute. He also worked in general public
relations and spent time as a daily newspaper reporter.
Franson has extensive
experience in corporate and agency public relations as well as business
reporting and editing. He founded one of Silicon Valley’s largest
public relations firms. For the last 16 years, he has specializing in
writing about wine and related subjects.
The book is must
reading for anyone involved in managing a winery or marketing wine.
It's relevant to the student of wine and marketing, the seasoned exec
or owner, and a source of ideas for PR pros.
Both print and
electronic versions are available.
The print version is
$19.95 from Createspace, part of Amazon, at www.createspace.com/3794516.
The Kindle version is
$9.99 from Amazon.com.
A pdf version is $9.99
The original Spinning
the Bottle is available for $20.
Visit www.spinningthebottle.com for
more information or contact Paul Franson at firstname.lastname@example.org or