City Winery at the Napa
Valley Opera House
Upcoming shows at City Winery
- NVOH Presents Tuesday Night Flicks: An American in
Paris April 22
- NVOH Presents: Lucky Penny Productions & 6th
Street Playhouse present Dirty Rotten Scoundrels April 25-27
- David Pack's Napa Crossroads album release to benefit
The Music Connection and Arts Council Napa Valley April 28
- Graham Nash April 29 30, $75-95.
- Mike Nesmith May 1
- NVOH Presents: Lucky Penny Productions & 6th
Street Playhouse present Dirty Rotten Scoundrels May 2-4
- Mike Nesmith, May 1
- Asleep At The Wheel, Wednesday, May 7, $30-40
- Lydia Pense & Cold Blood, Thursday, May 8, $20-25
- Karla Bonoff, Friday, May 9, $20-30
- NVOH presents: Mother's Day with Freddy Cole – May 11
- Jesse Cook, Tuesday May 13, $30-40
- Richard Thompson May 14 and 15
- Allen Toussaint, Friday, May 16, $25-30
- NVOH and Lucky Penny Present: I’m the Greatest Future
Star Musical Theatre Showcase for Kids May 18
- Shawn Colvin and Steve Earle May 20
- John Mayall, Friday, May 23, $40-50
- Leo Kottke, Saturday, May 24, $30-40
- NVOH Presents, Tuesday Night Flicks: Notorious May 27
- Maria Muldaur, Friday, May 30, $15-25
- Dar Williams , June 5
- Tristan Prettyman, Friday June 6, $25-35
- NVOH Presents: Los Cenzontles June 8
- The Both: Aimee Mann and Ted Leo June 11
- Red Molly, Thursday, June 12, $15-20
- NVOH Presents: Tommy Castro and the Painkillers June
- Hayes Carll and Bob Schneider, Saturday, June 14,
- Ginger Baker's Jazz Confusion, June 17
- Josh Rouse, June 18
- Milk Carton Kids, Monday, June 16, $15-25
- World Party, Friday, June 20, $50-70
- 10,000 Maniacs, Saturday, June 21, $40-50
- NVOH and Lucky Penny Presents: The Rogers and
Hammerstein Songbook June 22
- NVOH Presents, Tuesday Night Flicks: The Third Man
- The Bangles June 27
- NVOH Presents: John Pizzarelli – June 29
- Carolina Chocolate Drops July 3
- Al Stewart, July 5, $25-$35
- NVOH Presents: Bill Frisell's Guitar in the Space Age
- Lewis Black, July 10, 11, 12, $55-75
- Martha Wainwright July 15
- The English Beat July 18-19
- NVOH and Lucky Penny Presents: An All American Summer
Songbook July 20
- NVOH presents: Golden State - Lone Star Revue
featuring Mark Hummel, Anson Funderburgh and Little Charlie Baty July 25
- David Grisman, July 31
- The English Beat, July 18 and 19
- Bettye Lavette, Aug. 16, $30-$40
- Lila Downs July 17
- David Grisman Aug. 28, $35-$45
- David Grisman, Sept. 25
- Leo Kottke Oct. 2
Members of City Winery Napa’s VinoFile program have access to
ticket sales 48 hours before public sales, a waiver of ticket service
fees, free bus service, restaurant loyalty rewards, such as a free pair
of VIP concert tickets for every $500 spent in the restaurant,
exclusive membership-only events; and access to the proprietary City
Winery Virtual Sommelier, which helps make suggestions for wines one
might enjoy based on past consumption at the venue.
Buy concert tickets or get information on a becoming a member
at 260-1600 or www.citywinery.com.
Here’s the upcoming schedule at Uptown Theatre:
- April 23 Los Lonely Boys
- April 26 Gavin DeGraw
- May 3 Toad the Wet Sprocket
- May 9 Solo acoustic Keb’ Mo’
- May 24 The Fab Four
- Nov. 14 David Sedaris
Most shows are at 8 p.m.
The Uptown Theatre is at 1350 Third St. in
Napa. The box office phone is 259-0123 x 6 and website is
Performing Arts Center
at Lincoln Theate
Get information and tickets at
www.lincolntheater.org or 944-9900.
- May 25 Symphony Napa Valley and Belgian violinist and
conductor Michael Guttman
Napa Valley College
Get tickets at napavalleytheater.org or 256-7500.
- April 27 at 3 p.m. Mozart, Requiem Napa Valley College
& Orchestra Directed by Dr. Eve-Anne Wilkes & Conducted by
- May 4 at 3 p.m. Rhythmic Fantasy North Bay Wind Ensemble
by Harry Cadelago
- May 10 at 8 p.m. Voice Recital by NVC Voice Class Students
- May 18 at 3 p.m. Symphony of Romance Napa Valley College
directed by Harry Cadelago
- May 25 at 3 p.m. Piano Recital NVC Piano Class
Students Directed by Mazdak Khamda
White Barn 2014 schedule
The popular April Sunday Salons will be held at 3
p.m. with tickets to each performance at $30 to benefit Rianda House.
- April 27: Joe Galambos, classical guitar, flamenco, tangos,
with guest violinist Rachelle Davis.
- May 17 Fellows of the Orchestral Institute of Napa Valley
"Step Right Up! A Musical Circus Adventure"
- May 24: Celia Ramsay and Luxury Edition outdoor concert.
Doors open at 5 p.m. Guests are invited to bring picnics, and low lawn
chairs or blankets. Tickets $30 to benefit Connolly Ranch.
- Sept. 6: Tom Montgomery and Montango outdoor concert.
Tangos from Argentina, tango dancers. A benefit for Connolly Ranch.
- Oct. 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26: Broadway Musical. Friday and
Saturdays at 8 p.m. Sundays at 3 p.m. Tickets $35 to benefit the White
Barn children’s programs.
- Nov. 9: The Heath Family Saga, a one-man show with Michael
Waterson. The Heath Family lived in a Victorian home on the property.
The carriage house (the White Barn) housed their carriages and horses.
3 p.m. Tickets are $30 and benefit the St. Helena Historical Society.
For more information or tickets, see www.thewhitebarn.org or
The White Barn is at 2727 Sulphur Springs Ave. in St. Helena.
Napa Valley Festival del Sole
Napa Valley Festival del Sole returns for its ninth season,
In a series of exclusive engagements and debuts, the world's
best performers are perfectly paired with exceptional culinary, wine
and wellness adventures at venues throughout the valley. It's a
celebration of the art of life! Tickets from $39. Allegro
Pass from $99. VIP Pass from $700.
To buy tickets
visit www.festivaldelsole.org, call 346-5052 or visit the box
office at 915 Trancas Street, Suite B in Napa between 10 a.m. and 4
p.m., Monday through Friday.
The NapaLife Insider's
Guide to Napa Valley:
by Paul Franson
The NapaLife Insider’s Guide to Napa Valley is a guide to Napa Valley
by Paul Franson, editor of NapaLife,
the Insider's Guide to Napa Valley for those who live here – or wish
opinionated, it reflects the views of author Paul Franson, who has been
writing about Napa Valley from the inside for more than 16 years.
In the NapaLife Insider's Guide to Napa
Valley, you’ll learn the stories behind the valley and its people, and
learn everything from the best views in Napa Valley to why Napa Valley
is the unique place it is.
The book is 360 pages softbound. One map. Get more
information here including the table of contents.
following locations carry copies of the NapaLife Insider's Guide to
Amelia’s Gifts at Napa River Inn
Back Room Wines
Black Stallion Winery
Grand Hand Gallery
La Residence Inn
Milliken Creek Inn
Napa General Store
Tourist Information Center
Visit Napa Valley Welcome Center
West End Napa
Wine Train Depot
- Villagio Inn at Vintage Estates
- Yountville Welcome Center
Rutherford and Oakville
Auberge du Soleil
Alpha Omega Winery
Robert Mondavi Winery
- Rutherford Grove Winery
St. Supéry Vineyard
- Domaine Charbay Winery
- Charles Krug Winery
- Spice Islands Marketplace at the
- Harvest Inn
- Meadowood Resort
- Napa Valley Olive Oil Co.
- St. Helena Visitors’ Center
- Sutter Home Winery
- V. Sattui Winery
- Calistoga Vistor Center
- Copperfield's Books
You can also order a print copy for
from Amazon's CreateSpace or Kindle
version for $9.99. Buy a pdf at www.napalife.com/insider.html.
Subscribe to NapaLife
2035 Oak St.
Napa, CA 94559
subscription ___ renewal ___
the Bottle Again updates seminal how-to book on wine
Paul Franson and
Harvey Posert have introduced Spinning
the Bottle Again: More strategies, tactics and case studies of
wine public relations, a heavily updated and revised version of
the seminal how-to book on wine public relations Spinning the Bottle.
Spinning the Bottle Again is a
collection of theory, practical information and case studies about
promoting wine, wineries and wine-related issues.
In all, almost 50
experts tell how tell how to conduct effective public relations
campaigns with examples of their programs what they accomplished.
The studies were
collected by PR experts Harvey Posert and Paul Franson, who both live
in Napa Valley. Each also contributed chapters to the mix.
Posert was the
long-time head of public relations for renowned Robert Mondavi Winery
as well as the Wine Institute. He also worked in general public
relations and spent time as a daily newspaper reporter.
Franson has extensive
experience in corporate and agency public relations as well as business
reporting and editing. He founded one of Silicon Valley’s largest
public relations firms. For the last 16 years, he has specializing in
writing about wine and related subjects.
The book is must
reading for anyone involved in managing a winery or marketing wine.
It's relevant to the student of wine and marketing, the seasoned exec
or owner, and a source of ideas for PR pros.
Both print and
electronic versions are available.
The print version is
$19.95 from Createspace, part of Amazon, at www.createspace.com/3794516.
The Kindle version is
$9.99 from Amazon.com.
A pdf version is $9.99
The original Spinning
the Bottle is available for $20.
Visit www.spinningthebottle.com for
more information or contact Paul Franson at firstname.lastname@example.org or